Monday, May 28, 2012
Special Smiles
I've been so busy running errands lately that I haven't had the chance to update my blog in a while (and the fact that all my phone data was lost, pictures included). Anyways, I had the chance to volunteer at Special Olympics Hawaii - Special Smiles this weekend with my mom. I can't even remember the last time I volunteered at this event, let alone any event in a while, and I've forgotten how much I enjoy volunteering. I was really surprised at the number of people with special needs here in Hawaii alone. I often forget that there are just as many adults with special needs as there are children, whom I feel the media often focuses on. It gives me a sense of peace knowing that there are so many people out there willing to dedicate their time and efforts to give back to the community. I hope I have the chance to volunteer more often this year and that more people take time from their busy schedules to give back to their communities!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment